MPT Pediatrics program Details, Subjects, Career.
Welcome to the world of Master of Professional Practice in Pediatrics (MPT Pediatrics), a two-year program that combines classroom teaching, self-academic activities, and clinical postings. MPT Pediatrics program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the practical and theoretical aspects of pediatric physiotherapy. And making it an attractive option for those interested in pursuing a career in this specialized field. The MPT Pediatrics degree is a two-year program that consists of classroom teaching, self-academic activities, and clinical postings.
Course Duration and Eligibility:
To be eligible for the MPT Pediatrics program, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or a related field. Additionally, they should have completed their BPT/BSc. Physiotherapy from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
Why choose this course:
Choosing the MPT Pediatrics course offers several advantages, including:
Career Opportunities: Graduates can pursue careers as pediatric physical therapists, osteopathic lecturers, research assistants, therapist managers, and self-employed private physiotherapists.
Specialized Knowledge: The course provides a sound knowledge of both practical and theoretical aspects of the specialist area of pediatric physiotherapy.
Diverse Work Settings: Completing a Master’s in Pediatric Physiotherapy can lead to various career opportunities in hospitals, pediatric clinics, schools, and early intervention programs.
Major Subjects and Syllabus:
The MPT Pediatrics course covers a wide range of subjects, including:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Understanding the structure and function of the human body, with a focus on pediatric anatomy and physiology.
- Pediatric Pathology: Learning about the various diseases and conditions that affect children, their causes, and treatments.
- Pediatric Assessment: Developing skills in assessing children’s physical abilities, identifying areas of concern, and creating appropriate treatment plans.
- Pediatric Interventions: Exploring various interventions and techniques used in pediatric physiotherapy, such as exercises, manual therapy, and assistive devices.
- Research Methods: Learning how to conduct research in the field of pediatric physiotherapy, including designing studies, collecting data, and analyzing results.
Skills Developed from this course:
The MPT Pediatrics course helps students develop several skills, including:
- Clinical Reasoning: Ability to analyze patient data, identify patterns, and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Communication: Effective communication with children, parents, and other healthcare professionals.
- Patience and Empathy: Understanding and empathizing with the unique needs and challenges of pediatric patients.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt treatment plans to accommodate the changing needs of pediatric patients.
Job sectors available:
Graduates of the MPT Pediatrics program can pursue various career opportunities, such as:
- Pediatric Physical Therapist: Working directly with children to improve their physical abilities and overall well-being.
- Osteopathic Lecturer: Teaching osteopathy and related subjects in educational institutions.
- Therapist Manager: Overseeing the operations of a physiotherapy clinic or department.
- Research Assistant: Assisting in research projects related to pediatric physiotherapy.
- Self-Employed Private Physiotherapist: Running a private practice and providing physiotherapy services to clients.
In conclusion, the MPT Pediatrics degree is an excellent choice for those interested in pursuing a career in pediatric physiotherapy. With its comprehensive syllabus, diverse career opportunities, and skill development, this course offers a dynamic and rewarding journey for students. By choosing the MPT Pediatrics degree, you can embark on a fulfilling career that makes a positive impact on the lives of children.